Differences between revisions 4 and 5
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
1. Compile with '''mvn compile'''
1. Run tests with '''mvn test'''
1. Compile with '''mvn compile'''.
1. Run tests with '''mvn test'''.
1. Run ArgoUML application with '''mvn exec:java'''.
Maven is a tools that uses an xml configuration file to configure the compiling, running of tests, running the application and all static checks. The ArgoUML project is set up to allow developers to use Maven. This quickens the downloads and builds in that each part can be developed separately against prebuilt and automatically downloaded files.
To develop code or tests using the Maven set up the developer shall:
Make sure Maven is configured to know where to find the argouml files. See Setting up Maven.
- Check out the source of the module that is to be worked on. Only the module to be worked on is required.
- Do your work.
Compile with mvn compile.
Run tests with mvn test.
Run ArgoUML application with mvn exec:java.
- Commit the changes.
There is no need to download or build the core project. The Continuous Integration server builds all parts of the projects and updates are downloaded automatically when maven is started.
If Maven is used within Eclipse using the m2eclipse plug-in, Eclipse will even download the source of the core project if needed when single-stepping in the debugger.