Differences between revisions 1 and 14 (spanning 14 versions)
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
It is also possible to download using GIT and Commit to a Gerrit server. This has the following benefits:
* Anyone can check-in to the Gerrit server. No role in the project is needed.
* The Continuous Integration server tests the commit before it is approved for commit.
* The Gerrit server can be used to discuss the commit before it is approved.
It has the following draw-backs:
* The testmodels are not available in the same place as they are when checking out with subversion. If building with maven, this is solved.
* You tigris id will not be the one doing the commit in subversion.
This is how it is used:
1. Register on the [https://argouml-jenkins1.dyndns.org:8443/ Gerrit server] and create your Gerrit user, register your public ssh-key with this user. (One time only.)
1. Clone the git repository '''git clone ssh://''firstname.lastname@example.org:29418/''project_to_work_on'' ''project_to_work_on''''', and '''cd ''project_you_work_on'''''. (One time per machine you are working on. This takes more than 3 minutes and uses 320Meg for the main '''argouml''' project.). For more work using the same machine, you can pull down updates using '''git pull''' and '''git rebase'''.
1. Create a local git branch for your work and switch to it '''git branch ''my_work'''''.
1. Do your work.
1. Run the tests ('''mvn test''', ...)
1. Check into your git repository using a single commit '''git add ...''', '''git commit -m'Message' ''' or a sequence of commit amends '''git commit --amend'''.
1. Push your commit to the Gerrit server for review '''git push origin HEAD:refs/for/trunk'''. You will get mails from the Gerrit server with information on the Continuous Integration job and other review comments. Monitor the Gerrit server to take part in any discussion of your changes.
1. When a Gerrit approver has approved your change, it is automatically checked into the subversion repository.
|This option is no longer available.|
This option is no longer available.